Birds On Chandelier

Saturday, March 30, 2013

100 Words Contest



Early this year I wrote this short story for a contest organized by the Reader's Digest. Too bad that luck was not on my side. Well anyway, I took the challenge. Here is the short story:

Two businessmen had a heated conversation in front of an elevator. My friends and I were standing nearby yet I did not know their topic of interest. Spontaneously, I walked to the nearest glass window and cried out ‘Gone With the Wind!’ loudly before giggling uncontrollably.  I noticed the men had stopped talking and my friends were looking at me in disbelief. I was totally dumbfounded. After the absence of the businessmen, I discovered that they were talking about money. One of them had said “The money was gone” right before I foolishly said such thing. Speaking of coincidence huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment