Birds On Chandelier

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Yin and Yang

Earlier this morning once again I spent my lazy day watching a romantic movie on HBO. This time Hubby was around since he has an evening shift today. Both of our attention were drawn into one of the scenes in which the main characters in the movie poured out their true feelings towards each other. The woman stated out matter-of-factly the favourite things that the man likes one by one. At that particular moment, I didn't pay much attention to Hubby who looked scrutinizingly at me. 

He surprised me with a question that I'd never actually had asked him directly before. "What is my fav colour?" He made it sound simple but I was dumbstruck for a while. Uh-oh..somehow I felt trapped with his tricky question. I smiled at him sweetly and started to guess out loud to buy myself some time...."errmmmm.....I know what colour you love the most but I'm just not sure...ermmm....." I was like looking at him and then at the wall, at the ceiling and back at him again while preparing myself for any sudden attack from him if I guessed it all wrong. He demanded me to give the answer quickly and I shot the first guess at him..."Blue. Am i right? hehehehe," feeling all innocent while laughing gleefully at the same time. Instead of throwing a pillow towards me, he automatically lied face down on the mattress and buried his face underneath the pillow that he was holding while making the sound of a sulking lil boy. I was nearly rolling on the floor with laughter but stopped when I gave him my second guess.

"I know...I know...Is it gray?" I waited for his reply but I heard him muffled the word NO and continuously making the sulking noise. I couldn't help myself from laughing out loud and kept on guessing. "Brown right? or army green ... or is it actually white?" Hubby finally answered, "I guess you should just mention all types of colours then. How could you," he was really upset. Sort of. Still feeling amused, I finally settled on one particular answer which is WHITE. I told him that I probably have long noticed it since the first few months of our early marriage especially when I did the laundry. I keep seeing more and more white shirts coming from his wardrobe.

Somehow I felt that it is very ironic knowing that I'd never prefer WHITE over my choice of dresses and shirts for it is too hard to take a good care of such clothes with that particular colour. I'd be glad to settle on BLACK instead and hubby just knew it. Of late, Hubby claimed that I'd fall for so many colours. He is indeed true. Don't I love the colour of the rainbows? Crazy eh? I accept the significant difference between the two us... or perhaps it is rather like the YIN and YANG. In marriage, it isn't the differences that matter most but somehow the relationship between the differences that count in which they basically work to complement one another ....Be it different taste or different philosophy or principle, as long as Hubby and I are happy in so many ways, nothing else matter..and nothing could ruin the bond that we have...na-ah..not a chance.

Interdependency 

"There is no cause and effect, there are no opposites, everything is part of everything else, everything is condition. It is all connected."


No comments:

Post a Comment