Birds On Chandelier

Friday, September 23, 2011

Wedding Getaway

      I have never thought of actually had the chance to go oversea for a honeymoon. I was quite taken aback when my hubby told me that he wanted to bring me along to Italy. He had a two-week course and it'd be best to have me as his company.


     Despite the tight financial situation that we were in, he managed to get my flight ticket. OMG! I was too excited and nervous at the same time.....I felt like screaming out loud HUrrayyy!! HurraYY!! You can laugh or smirk at me but to me this is something that I have been looking for throughout my life...the opportunity to see the other side of the world and to be exposed to the charming of different cultures and life were within my reach.

    Off we went to KL in the early morning on the 22nd of July 2011, heading towards my uncle's house at Putrajaya. We spent overnight and the next day (Saturday) we set off to KLIA later in the evening to check in. The flight was scheduled to take off at 8.15 PM. We brought along two luggage, a laptop bag plus a backpack. One luggage was packed with our clothes while foods like MAGGIE instant noodles, beef floss, a pack of 5kg rice, a loaf of bread, a pack of MILO 3 in 1, a pack of MUNCHIES biscuits and etc were jammed inside the other luggage. Knowing the fact that we were going to have probs with HALAL foods, such food supplies were needed. 

    Oh yeah, i forgot to mention about meeting my hubby's colleague at the airport. He joined the trip together with us too. Both my hubby and his friend Mr. W had been to Italy once. So it made me the only person who had never been to any of the foreign countries. Lucky me to have two bodyguards who could protect me, guided me with such information and direction.  
 
      It took us some time to check in and later we waited for boarding at the waiting area. There were so many people who had so many plans in mind. Some brought the whole family members, some were loners and others were probably on their business trip. I tried to capture in my mind of every moment I had experienced through out the journey especially during the flight to our destinations which were our transit to Doha and the Malpensa Airport in Milan, the final destination.

First destination:
      Once the Qatar Airlines plane landed safely in one piece at Doha airport after the 7 hours of flight, we were taken by bus to the transit terminal. The local time was around 11 PM. I was really sleepy and tired. Glad that I was not that hungry as I had eaten some meals on board. I took out my camera and asked Mr.W to snap the picture of my hubby and I standing together in front of the terminal but before he could adjust the lens and click, one of the flight operators came and asked him to put the camera away. She said that we couldn't snap photos in that area. Sheeshh...well, never you mind!! 

     Feeling annoyed, I joined the crowd inside the terminal and headed to the check in counter for our next flight to Milan. I had to survive yet another 5 hours of sitting. Fortunately we got the two seats by the window. It was more comfy and relaxing. As to kill the time, some movies and songs were played until I lost my consciousness. I woke up halfway through the journey and never fall asleep again. Despite having the uneasy thoughts of being thousand feet miles up in the air above the sea, I worried about having a full blader and the need to go into the small toilet. God knew how I actually felt when the sudden nature call urged me to get out from my seat and made my way down the aisles towards the toilet. Oh god..oh god...I kept repeating the word in my mind as I had to make the decision of using the toilet as the final result. Once inside, I looked around frantically, trying to get used of the surrounding and figured out how things work. I spent my time quite a while in the toilet which later I heard someone knocking on the door. I was washing my face that time so I opened the door slightly ajar. The female flight attendant asked if I was doing OK. She just wanted to check on me and made sure that I did not faint or some sort. I smiled sheepishly and told her that I was absolutely fine before closing the door and continued washing my face and adjusting my scarf. Oh crap...how embarrassing...

    The hours finally passed and the breathtaking view of the land below me made me jumped inside with joy. I looked at my hubby and told him that we were gonna have some fun and both of us had to make that happen. hehe...

   
The above picture was taken right after we were inside the building. Lesson learned. LOL!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment