Birds On Chandelier

Friday, October 7, 2011

Expect the Unexpected

       I believe everyone has their own experience dealing with many kinds of people who work behind the service counter. They could be servicing us foods, lodging, and yada yada. The most essential elements that we expect from these personnel are no other than warm and polite treatment, positive attitude and proper language, indeed. Does not matter if you are wearing branded clothes from head to toe or just simply looking very plain and down to earth, the treatment should be equally fair Never ever be judgmental towards others. You may not be aware that the person you are servicing is someone of high status eventhough he or she looks very far from elegant. Simply put, "Never judge a book by its cover." 

But then again, I guess not everyone is concerned about these crucial elements stated above. It is understandable that majority of those who don't have high education may have high tendency to show improper attitude in certain circumstances (merely my opinion, not a fact). Why do I say so? Here goes...

         After quite a long time since I last had fun at the bowling alley, Hubby and I went to bowl yesterday. Don't ask me where 'coz I know you guys would know exactly where the place is. I brought along my bowling shoes and a ball which were placed inside a backpack (Just so you know, I don't have the proper bowling bag). As usual, the excited me would be the one to stand at the counter to place the order. Normally, you are required to let the person who works behind the counter knows the number of games each bowler wants, the pair of socks you need and lastly of course the pair of shoes.

          In my case, I only needed one pair of shoes, no socks at all plus 3 games for each. The moment I said one pair of shoes, the 'tomboy' sarcastically asked, " Kasut ape?" I was taken aback...If I were KIMORA LEE SIMMONS, I would definitely pulled a face. Gosh...puhleesee...Do you play HANGAROO?? I like the hot question that is asked by the cute Kangaroo.."Are you an idiot or sumtin'?" Of course I referred to the bowling shoes...HELLLOOO!! We are at the bowling alley, NOT at the Al-Ikhsan Store. She snickered when I said "Kasut bowling lah." If she did it on purpose thinking that I know nothing about the rules which is compulsory for every bowler to wear a pair of bowling shoes, she could just at least ask me why I needed only one pair instead of two??? Just because i wore high heels at that time with make-up on my face, she couldn't jump into conclusion by thinking that I was such a Drama-Queen. Haven't you seen any athletes wearing their best when out of the field or court? Athletic people are varieties in styles and ways.Put the D to DUH!! (rolling my eyes twice!!)

         Enough with the 'tomboy.' Screw her. Next, Hubby went to the right side of the counter asking for his size number of shoes. This time another girl attended to his request. She gave him what he requested but before Hubby moved away, I noticed that the front outer lining of the shoes was a bit torn up. It looked like someone hanging out his tongue. I asked her politely, requesting for a substitute. She startled me when replying out loud "Saya malas lah nak ambik." When I heard her, I thought the shoe rack was far from where she was standing but the truth was, it wasn't!! It was just below her knees. I stared at her blankly. After a moment, she did bend down and take out another two pair of shoes. Showing them to us by adding, " Yang ni lagi teruk. Itu ok lagi ada tapak. Yang ni langsung takde."  I was like, "Oh, Okay. Fine. Thank you." But what was with the tone of voice young lady?? I did not ask something ridiculous that you could not do. I didn't criticise the FUGLY shoes that you have in the rack. I didn't even compare your bowling alley with MIBC (Melaka International Bowling Centre) which got the largest space (after the collapsed stadium in Terengganu) [correct me if I'm wrong}, cleanest and most beautiful shoes plus newest equipments. I DIDN'T say all that, DID I?? Shrugged and feeling irritated, I walked away from the counter looking very grumpy.

      WELL DONE!! You two $&^&*^* people, just spoiled my mood for the day!!! I had never been so thankful. (Please read this while placing both of your hands on the shoulder with your eyes looking up to the ceiling).

        You know what, I could go on and on stating matter-of-factly that the two people are simply 'chowder-heads.' I did not act cocky at all but they tried to mess around with me by serving Hubby and I badly. No manners!!

       Hubby said to me, "If they are smart enough, that wouldn't be their jobs in the first place." Well honey, you are probably right. I totally agree with you.

P/S: So you guys out there, please "EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED."









3 comments:

  1. To hell the two girls.
    I have experienced a lot of similar situations and usually i hit them back with more irritating respond or would just call the manager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, You did that?? I just dont wanna stir the situation since sooner or later i might be coming back to bowl at that place. SO i have no choice. ~ sigh ~ Syahril was totally speechless. Lucky he didnt boil up that easily. If not,the two girls would regret that they didnt hold their tongues when they were supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, i did that but still it depends on situation. Guess, we couldnt bark at ppl all the time. We still hav the sense of humanity to not humiliate ppl in public.

    ReplyDelete