Birds On Chandelier

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Free Cat Shaun Is

Everytime Shaun is given the freedom to wander about outside of the house, Hubby and I would be having difficulties to get him back inside at night. He would run around the house and stay put in our neighbours' compound. We would call after his name softly and beckoning him to come towards us before grabbing him plus knocking him hard on the head. Silly eh? We probably think that the attempt might get him back into his senses. 

Well ...last night, after contemplating on things concerning Shaun, Hubby made up his mind to just let Shaun go free as he will.  I was taken aback with the decision for i know that many consequences will occur as resulted to that decision. Shaun probably likes the idea but sooner or later his safety may be in jeopardy. Dogs are on the loose in the neighbourhood and he also needs to get himself into many fights with other OTAI (old timer) cats just to be accepted in the community. Sounds rough eh? 


Hubby could not stand to see his cat trapped in his cage meowing out loud non stop begging to be free. Shaun is getting older you see....He needs a partner....That's his nature...We have no rights to stop him ..We cannot avoid the fact that it is totally wrong to have an animal locked up. 

So today, when I left the house to drive Hubby to work earlier before Subuh, we allowed Shaun to have his first adventure as a free cat. Once I was back, i saw him in front of a neighbour's front gate. Guess he was enjoying the moment. Ignoring him, I went inside the house and locked the door. Out of a sudden, to my surprise, it was raining cats and dogs outside. I was wondering about Shaun but shrugged the feelings for I believe he might survive his first adventure. Well bet that I was right......He just walked into the house a few minutes earlier looking very horrible....He was soaked!! I acted as if I couldn't care less.....He kept on cleaning after himself and came towards me for a pat on the head.....Now he is sleeping soundly. "Way to go Tiger!! I'm proud of you."

No comments:

Post a Comment