Birds On Chandelier

Friday, November 18, 2011

Tell you what...

Common Situation that I caught myself into

A: Try this...it's C's favourite dish
B: sure why not (being polite) ...after tasting........Ok lah good.. (gosh, what else can be said?)
A: Do you know how to prepare it?
B: Well, kind of  not really...  (Do I have to deal with this?)  there's only two of us at home....I only prepare what D eats...
A: Well you should. You have to start learning how to cook.

Well, point taken. I admit that I rarely cook. If you had read my earlier entry, I had mentioned about it before. Even If I seemed very clumsy at washing dishes and helping others in the kitchen, doesn't mean that I am totally ZERO about anything that is related to FOOD and COOK.

Have it ever crossed their minds that (for some reasons):

I am eating alone most of the time
I could be telling them WHITE lies
I don't want to show off
I am not ready to share my portion of meals
I only cook what I want to eat
I have different taste of food
I have lack of cooking utensils
I only feel comfortable in my own kitchen
I lay low due to respecting them as the OTAIs (Old Timers) in cooking
I finally got my own kitchen
I want to stay DIET (eat less, exercise more)
I am not interested to SHARE what I cook
and bla bla bla bla bla bla bla...

Having myself listened to such thing hurts me deep down inside.
The fact that I am NOT a GOOD COOK is very well accepted.
But to have mistakenly judged for KNOWING NOTHING AT ALL is off the limit.
Teach me, show me without crticism
I'd be more than delighted to have you as my unpaid CHEF

P/S: Guess I have to start looking for a punching bag...hehe just kidding.










4 comments:

  1. These OTAIs would never stop critizing; they never knew how difficult woman nowadays to juggle with study, work, hubby & kids and the in-law family. Have they ever noticed that women nowadays even spent most of the time in boarding school at an early age, pursuing life in university and after graduated, working 24hour a week - in which cooking is a partime job at home. It's not they dont know how to cook but they lack time to practice.

    Dont worry dear, learn slowly. As long as hubby loves what u cook - u shd be proud of yourself :) In the future, u might have kids..and u may prepare more various cuisines, food and salads for the family n even friends as time pass by. The OTAis' eyeballs would practically drop off in amazement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be old enough to not knowing many things about cooking dishes compared to the OTAIS who got married at such young age... today, there are many others who even hire a maid to do the cooking in their kitchens today...I had shed some tears...I hope those who indirectly insulted me would understand my feelings once their daughters experience the same thing too. Well..."What you give you get back". Thanks for your warm comment. Im gonna turn the tables soon...:p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess so. They are just old generation who dont really know whats goin on. We have experienced many drastic changes in term of working hours whereby women sometimes need space to rest at home without operating the kitchen at night. Dont worry, dear. Everyone learns from experience. Believe in yourself. If you need gud recipe, i can share. I'm teaching culinary students.Haha.

    ReplyDelete