Birds On Chandelier

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Trip To Milano


         The first weekend in Italy was spent in the Milano city. We took a train at the Ternate station and stepped down at the Garibaldi train station.I was warned by Hubby not to bring my handbang or any bags in particular. Should there be unexpected things to happen when we were in the city, at least I have my important documents and mobile phone closed to my body. We had to take precautions as to avoid from being robbed by the nasty people, especially at the underground train platform. Random people may come up to you and the next thing u know, your wallet would be gone. So beware if you happen to be there in Milano yourself. Don't talk to strangers. Use your mother tongue (Malay) rather than conversing in Engllish. Gimme a break.. When they approach you, you pretend that you do not even understand a single word they say. Like seriously ....If you fail to do so, you'll be surprised of what they are going to do after cheating on you.
I do not exaggerate on this. It is true, indeed. Rolling my eyes twice

          Two of Hubby's colleagues (who had been in Milano before we had), each of them had a story to tell. One lost his 1000 euro which equals to RM4000. He kept his wallet in his front pocket. He didn't even realize that it was gone the moment it happened. When he did, it was too late to do anything. Another colleague was cheated when he excitedly accepted the offer given by one of the Bangladesh (who are scattered everywhere in the city selling crap) to feed the not hungry hungry pigeons. He handed over his camera to the Bangladesh for a shot or two with the birds. Once he was done with the posing, he asked for his camera back but the Bangladesh demanded to be paid with 20 euro (RM 80++). If not, the camera will not be returned to him. Surprise....surprise......

Enough said. Let the pictures do the talking.





The famous Catheral of Milan


Bicycles for rent


Some shots from the scenes


We went on foot through the buildings


Some of the spotted vehicles





There are many boutiques that I felt keen to enter namely Gucci, LV, Prada n etc...But I'm not up to that standard of living in luxury yet...someday, i'll fulfil this particular wish..no doubt about it. Insyallah.

For the moment I spent in the Milano City, all I could do was snapping a few pictures right outside of the boutiques as remembrance. That's the only FREE things that i love to do. CLICK!
                  CLICK!                   CLICK!                 CLICK!

Felt like a SuperStar. Ngee...!!

Majority of the local people love to go cycling all over the places in the city. I love to see the culture that they adopt. Less cars on the road means less air pollution. Don't we just love the idea?







Time to get back to the Montelago Hotel in Ternate. I had so much fun during my sightseeing in the city. I was glad that I bought myself a pair of long khakis at the price of 10 euro. 






Though I hurt my ankle wearing that green wedges shoes, I didn't feel exhausted for I had enjoyed every second I had spent in the city. Thank you Hubby for the opportunity and thank you Mr.W for taking the lead as a guide. haha...:p












P/S: This journal entry is dedicated to my future children. Hopefully this will help to referesh my memories once im aging. :p




No comments:

Post a Comment